Software projects are inherently complex, risky and require careful planning.
Planning for a software includes development, estimates, staged development, requirements capture, and risk and change management control procedures, business case studies, user interface prototypes and overall project control.
Proper planning ensures that the project doesn't move away from its targeted goals while the customer gets a clear definition of the project and is in the know of the project status and has ready access to project deliverables at any point of time.
Prototypes & Staged Deliveries:
- Projects that define deliverables in terms of prototype, phases or stages identify risks and constraints early on and are able to plan and implement counter measures with greater success.
- Customers who receive small releases regularly during the project gain trust more easily than those who are in the 'dark' and are awaiting the end of the project for a whole set of deliverables that may be delivered in whatsoever form.
- The functionality is developed and delivered in stages thus ensuring that the most important function is delivered at the earliest.
- Reduces the possibility of estimation errors
- Project visibility to customers and upper management increases
Weekly Status Reports :
- The activities originally planned for the last week
- The activities actually performed in the last week
- The activities planned for the coming week
- Reduces the possibility of estimation errors issues, if any Changes to Stage Schedule, and reasons for the same Overall Project Status
Comprehensive Bug Management:
Bugs are part of every product development process, Bugs that are found but not properly tracked might slip away. How do we track the bugs you find during product development and after?
Soft solutions uses the leading bug and defect-tracking tool Bugzilla for bug management, which leads to:
- Streamlined software development and maintenance
- Clear, updated information about the status of each bug or defect
- Full control over the work flow
- History of work done on each bug, defect or enhancement being always a click away
- A fully integrated solution that enables users to input and track new bugs, defects, and problems in general
Version Controlling Soft solutions uses the most popular version controlling tool CVS. On specific client requirements, we can also use Visual SourceSafe (VSS).